Before I share about my latest reading material, I feel it necessary to divulge my latest status on something.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate and I…we’ve broken up.
I know. I know.
it he was listed as one of my favorite pumpkin things. But today. My eyes were opened. We are no longer a couple. It’s not him. It’s me.
You see, I’ve been feeling this way for some time now and things just didn’t feel right. I thought maybe my senses were just off. Or maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I thought that maybe it was just a temporary feeling. But this morning, as I sat with my cup of coffee (and Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate) and did my morning devotions, my eyes were opened and the skies parted. Well, okay, maybe no parting of skies, but it hit me. I have come to dislike Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate.
Before you go thinking Monday’s blog post Well, hello National Pumpkin Day…a few pumpkin favorites is all tomfoolery, I’ll have you know that it isn’t. I stand behind everything I wrote and those pumpkin items truly are some of my favs. Except for the Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate.
When I was having my coffee with the Pumpkin Spice creamer in it this morning, he was just so overbearing. Too bold. I feel like he is coming on too strong. I just don’t know if I’m ready for that.
So. It’s over Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate.
I’ve moved on.
Caramel Macchiato and I have been friends for quite awhile and he is much more my style. Sweet, not overbearing. Just. right. And we are having the best of times together. I think this one is a keeper.
Anyhoo. On to what I’ve been reading lately.
1. The Armor of God – At my Monday night Bible study, we are wrapping up The Armor of God study and it has been AWESOME. Priscilla Shirer knows how to BRING IT. If you’re interested in doing a study, I highly recommend this one. And you can go on Lifeway.com to purchase each of her video sessions for around $5.99 each, if your group doesn’t want to purchase the leader kit for $149.99.
2. Cooking with Paula Deen – I love magazines. And every time I go to Barnes and Noble, I always get Paula’s latest magazine. She has great recipes and it’s a fun, light read.
3. Sandra Lee – My other favorite magazine is this one. Sandra Lee has great entertaining ideas and I hope to actually put some to use. 🙂 This is her August/September/October magazine. I highly recommend it! Again, pick this one up at your local Barnes & Noble.
4. Writer’s Workbook – While I’m fully aware that you all aren’t into writing like myself, I thought I’d share this with you. Because I like to stay current on the latest voice techniques for writing memoirs, thank you. And hey. You want your blogger to be up-to-date on the latest tips and writing secrets, don’t you? #iamanerd
5. Small Victories…Spotting Improbable Moments of Grace by Anne Lamott – She is an outstanding writer and when I saw this book, I had to buy it! Anne Lamott has razor-sharp wittiness and I love her humor and honesty. Grab one of her books…you’ll love her.
6. My Little Book of Space by Peter Grego – I can’t go into Barnes and Noble and not pick something up for the boys. At school, Nate has been studying about the sun, moon…yah, space stuff, so I picked this up for him. It’s an easy read and it contained new info that he hadn’t learned about. And like many boys, non-fiction books are Nate’s favorite. Put this on your Christmas list for your kiddo…he or she will love learning about space when they read this!
7. The Wonder of Baby Animals published by Fog City Press – Maxim is crazy about animals and this book was a big hit for him. He loved the great pictures and was able to read all by himself some of the fun facts about the animals. This would be a great Christmas gift for your kiddo who loves animals! Check it out at Barnes and Noble.
Well, that is a smattering of books and magazines for you to check out. Do you have a favorite magazine that you love to read? Any book you’re reading lately that you’d recommend? Share below! I love trying out new reads. 🙂
As for me, you’ll find Caramel Macchiato and me hanging out a lot more together, reading these great magazines or curled up together in my big comfy chair with Anne Lamott’s book. I think it’s going to be a good fit, this new creamer and I.
Happy reading! xo Angela Banae